Thick Cut Legends
Grill Tips Should Come From Grilling Legends
They’re the world’s most dynamic father-son BBQ duo – Myron and Michael Mixon. They know a thing or two about what’s Thick Cut, and they’re here to help you up your grilling game with a few tips and recipes you’ll actually want to use.
- Full Flavored Inside and Out - the Cabo Can Chicken
- When Mary Meets Mixon: The Bloody Mixon
- Cabo BLT Shot
- The Ultimate Backyard BBQ Drink: The Cabo Beer-Rita
- Try This: Myron Mixon’s “Cabo Triple P” Recipe
- How To Grill Damn Good Ribs With The Mixons And Cabo Tequila
- How To Make Myron Mixon's Hickorita
- Myron Mixon's Quick Tip For Grilling Thick and Juicy Ribs
- Michael Mixon’s Secret To Rubbing Your Ribs The Right Way
- The Cabo R&R
Thick Cut Legends
Known as “The Winningest Man in Barbecue” — Myron has been the chief cook of Jack’s Old South Competition BBQ team since 1996. His Georgia-based team has won over 200 grand championships, 11 national championships, more than 40 state championships and eight “Team of the Year” awards. He’s appeared on countless TV shows, including BBQ Pitmasters, and hosts his own barbecue school. Myron is true master of his craft, proven by his awards and well-deserved unapologetic attitude whenever he’s in charge of the meats.
There’s no question that manning and mastering the grill and smoker runs in the Mixon family. Like his father, Myron, Michael has quickly established himself as a nationally respected BBQ expert. He regularly competes in BBQ competitions throughout the country, alongside his dad, on the Jack’s Old South Competition BBQ team. Together they’ve won countless awards and are best known for appearing on the popular TV show BBQ Pitmasters.